[olpc-community-support] display says 'Battery discharging 96%' when plugged in.

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Dec 21 17:31:30 EST 2007

Anonymous wrote:
> My battery doesn't work.  I used it the first day for about an hour
> and then shut the xo laptop off.  When I tried to turn it back on a
> few hours later it did not turn on.  Now I can only run my xo laptop
> when plugged in.  I also noticed the Battery Life is "stuck" on 79%
> even after charging it overnight.  I called the support line and I'm
> hoping for a call back.  I hope I can get a replacement battery and I
> hope that solves the problem.

Its probably not your battery.  You may need to run the XO through a few
charge/discharge cycles to get the EC synced with the state of the battery.

Try this:  Power on the laptop without ext power and let it shutdown
from low battery.  Then plug up ext power you should see the light go
yellow, then leave it until the light goes green.  It should go green
within 3  hours.  If it does not then I'll have you run a more advanced
debug.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child