[olpc-community-support] 1. Can't connect 2. don't understand terminal

Sally Colinvaux sally.colinvaux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 15:17:03 EST 2007

I. I can't connect to any network with security; no password works
(they all behave the same as if I typed in anything, ie the wrong
password.)
I have verizon DSL modem/router (ActiontecGT704WG), not very new.
The back of the router says: WEP KEY: followed by 10 alphanumeric
characters where the first one is a zero.(This is my normal password)
I can't get into the router to change the security (don't know how the
168 number is the manual does not work.)

2. I have been trying to follow your advice to  find which software I have &
upgrade the software, but whatever I type in terminal gets me: no such
file or directory; I am a complete  newbie, the terminal
says:'[olpc at xo - 0D - 52 - 66 ~ ]$ followed by a symbol for a box'

Help, please give more detailed instructions...