[olpc-community-support] My WEP connection experience.

phigan phigolpc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 12:06:56 EST 2007

mricet wrote:
> What about firmware?  My unit has q2d06 and I see the latest stable version is q2d07.  Do I need this and how would it be updated?

The only way -I- know to upgrade the firmware right now is to have a developer key (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developer_Key). Once you have this key, you can follow the instructions here (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image) or here (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Insecure_Upgrade) to upgrade to Q2D07.

There is undoubtedly a 'secured' or 'signed' way of doing this, I just haven't learned it yet :).

- Joe