[olpc-community-support] SPAM:: community-support Digest, Vo

phigan phigolpc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:08:52 EST 2007

briegull at gmail.com wrote:
> I bought an XO as part of the OLPC program. I have an eight-year-old granddaughter for whom the XO is intended, but I'm playing with it to see how it works and how to explain it to her. I have been looking for some kind of kid-oriented guide for her, and found the wiki-guide, but it is not altogether for the novice.

Coming from a regular PC or Mac environment to the XO's interface can definitely be a learning curve. It seems, however, that someone with no prior expectations (that it will act like a more popular operating system) might have a slightly easier time :). So far, the wiki 'help', 'faq', and 'getting started' pages are best for information.

> I have read and used tech newsgroups for probably longer than most of you have been alive, but I don't seem to be able to find an end-user newsgroup for the XO. Does such a beast exist?

The G1G1 program is fairly new, so the amount of information available to the end users is limited as of this post. As time goes on and more G1G1 donors receive their XOs, I'm sure newsgroups and user groups will begin to pop up!

Thanks,
- Joe