[olpc-community-support] WiFi totally broken?

phigan phigolpc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 22:33:00 EST 2007

Tommy wrote:
> This is a little different than the other wifi questions. For me, the wifi seems totally broken.

> I followed some of the links given, which helpfully led me to running "ipconfig -a". ipconfig only reports back that the loopback device is there. It doesn't list eth0 at all.

> Short of exchanging it, is there any hope?

Hi Tommy, this does seem like a more serious hardware issue that I would contact the replacements number for. However, just something to check, when you are in terminal as root.. What do you see with 'lsmod'? Is there a usb8xxx? If not, try typing 'modprobe usb8xxx'. Does it give you the same errors? If not, try 'ifconfig -a' again.

Thanks,
- Joe