[olpc-community-support] AV software

Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Dec 19 04:05:15 EST 2007

Please see our Support FAQ's "official" new answer here, thanks to
OLPC's security expert Michael Stone:

          What antivirus & firewall security software is available?

    Out of the box, your XO laptop is going to be "safer than" your PC
-- threats to Linux are rare.

    Advanced users may want to look into Linux's free open source
antivirus (ClamAV) and firewall
    (iptables) software, but these are NOT supported by OLPC.

    Note: There are few software/services that listen for connections
from the Internet (Avahi mdns, ssh), which helps limit your risks.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ#What_antivirus_.26_firewall_security_software_is_available.3F

--
OLPC Support (http://support.laptop.org)