[olpc-community-support] WIFI WEP Key access issue

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 16:47:12 EST 2007

Hi
 mricet,

it seems to be a firmware problem that have to be resolved for the marvell
guys, so for now wep does not work,..i guess is a matter of waiting.

 see http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5485#comment:17

although if someone has more information,,,please tell us :).

On Dec 16, 2007 4:30 PM, mricet <mricet1005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1st time OLPC user.  Mine just arrived this morning via the give1get1
> program.  Cannot access internet.  Tried 64-bit WEP key (10 digit key) and
> 128-bit WEP key (26 digits).  Neither works - while other laptops in house
> do work with these keys.  Looked at Ticket 5485 but did not see solution.
>  Not sure how to check which software version I have on my OLPC.  Any advice
> on next steps is greatly appreciated.  If I need a new software version, not
> sure how I would get or install.  If it requires internet access, how would
> I do that if I cannot connect?

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero
One Laptop Per Child
rafael at laptop.org