[OLPC Brasil] OLPC: "alguém" ficou de fora e está enciumado...

José Antonio joseantoniorocha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 17:38:20 EST 2007

Deu no NYT<http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1584815-1,00.html>,
em entrevista com o homem mais rico do mundo:

> Education is a big focus for you. So, is there better learning through
> technology?

It's important to be humble when we talk about education, because TV was
> going to change education and videotape was going to change it and
> computer-aided instruction was going to change it. But until the Internet
> exploded 10 years ago, technology really hadn't made a dent in education at
> all. Learning is mostly about creating a context for motivation. It's about
> why should you learn things. Technology plays a role, but it's not a
> panacea.
>
> Technology can help, but it always has to be technology that understands
> the difficult conditions. Are computers in developing countries going to
> change their education system? In a lot of countries it's more: Are there
> classrooms, are there teachers, is there electricity? Taking new technology
> and trying to impose it on developing countries--that's crazy.

Via The Biz of Knowledge<http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Er/TheBizofKnowledge/%7E3/90794180/bill_gates_on_education.html>
#end--
nome: "José Antonio Meira da Rocha"  tratamento: "Prof. MS."
atividade: "Pesquisa e aprendizado em mídias digitais"
googletalk: email: MSN: joseantoniorocha at gmail.com
ICQ: 658222 Skype: "meiradarocha_jor"
sites: [ http://meiradarocha.jor.br http://olpcitizen.blogspot.com ]