[Bookreader] Book reader and eBook distribution/hosting service

Mike DeVine pixelshredder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:48:39 EST 2009

Hello, this is Mike DeVine, I'm a student in RIT's OLPC program. I wanted to let you know I'm working on a project for the XO that will involve hosting a library of eBook-compatible files on RIT's OLPC school server (which we completed work on last semester), in conjunction with a file distribution system that's being worked on by students here, in order to allow students and teachers to browse, download and read eBooks from their XOs.

This involves collaborating between several pre-existing projects, and I've been looking for anyone who's worked on Book Reader-related projects for the XO, who may be willing to have their code used with our project. I saw the Book Reader page on the Sugar Labs wiki, and was wondering how far along the project was. Any info I can get would be helpful as I'm still in the research phase of my project.

-Mike