[Activities] Contact // video tool

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Tue Aug 19 20:24:49 EDT 2008

An aside about places to share XO videos online  -- OLPC are going to
announce soon the work Dailymotion has been doing to help organize videos
for the XO, and to get community interested in uploading suitable videos to
the olpc group there; videos taken /with/ XOs certainly deserve their own
attention.  [and a few of them have been amazing without any remixing at
all].

I expect an announcement to come out this week.  It would be great to spread
the word to video and educational communities online and encourage people
with an XO handy to think of ways to use it as a cam, to use video for
measurement and experimentation and art and collab medium... as well as to
take material with other cameras that would be good raw [alingual] material
for a remix once [[videoedit]] or one of its cousins is ready.

If you have some vids you have been working with in your backroom, or ideas,
please share!   And note that Audacity as an activity is working fairly well
now for music remixing (in addition to TamTamEdit).  Of course there is much
connecting work to be done to turn these tools into a fluid way to
record/import MIDIs, mix a good set of tracks, use them as the audio in a
video, and upload any of these interim steps to a global sharing site...

You can join our group here:
  http://www.dailymotion.com/group/olpc

(Hmm, but it seems to be moderated... I think we can unmod now)

SJ