[Activities] Tux Type on the XO

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Tue Aug 12 20:27:37 EDT 2008

Hello David,

A few replies:
 1. you should include all libraries the activity needs in the activity
itself; we don't include [most] activities in our core build, each is its
own separable bundle.

 2.  Things to work on : fullscreen support, internationalization, bundling
: an icon and the right directory structure for a zipped .xo file (the
activity bundle) for Sugar to recognize it and add it to the list of
available activities.  see also 3.

 3.  Sugarization : you may want to use Sugar's toolbars instead of other
menus, and will want to use Sugar's hooks into the Journal (for saving
state, exporting to different file formats, and loading files) and the
sharing aPIs (for collaborative typing).

There's a new activities list for activity developers you may want to join :
lists.laptop.org/listinfo/activities

Warmly,
SJ