[laptop-accessibility] Sticky Keys?

David K Parker davparker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 03:44:23 EST 2008

The more I read about the OLPC and all around lack of accessibility
features, the more disturbing I find it to be. From my understanding, in
reading the wiki, I've learned that the basic accessibility features that
are fundamental to any modern day OS, like sticky keys, are not present.  I
hope that I'm wrong, but if true, this is truly a sad story. I've read that
AccessX can be added, with mixed reviews about its success, but why not have
it preinstalled, but not enabled? Again, I hope  I'm wrong, otherwise, this
is a gross oversight by the team that selected software features to be
added. The mission statement for this project needs to be amended to include
at least a basic goal of making these laptops minimally accessible with
existing, freely available software.
Sincerely,
David