[laptop-accessibility] Touchpad is not accessible friendly

David K Parker davparker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 18:02:40 EST 2008

In looking at the laptop specs I noticed the mouse input is a touchpad. This
makes the laptop inaccessible for kids with artificial hands. The touchpad
technology is not good at all for people who wear prosthesis. This
limitation can be addressed by providing a trackpoint type alternative. It's
really a shame that technology companies don't think about these unecessary
limitations for people with disabilities. I bet there are many kids missing
limbs due to landmines that will be affected by this technology hurdle. I
know because I'm missing my hands due to an accident. Technology should be
used to allow people to overcome disabilities, not adding additional
obstacles to oversome. Please pass this info on to the developers of the
laptops.