[laptop-accessibility] keyboard for the blind

Manusheel Gupta manu at laptop.org
Mon Oct 22 11:48:00 EDT 2007

Thanks Aaron, Peter, and Big One(Sorry! I don't know your name) for the
introduction and help.

Me and Walter are currently working on the development of OLPC-Braille
Keyboard.

Aaron, you wrote:

>What adaptations are you considering?

We are at an initial stage, and are in the process of looking for a suitable
layout.

The first question we are searching about, at the moment is: Is Braille
in US the same as Braille in India as Braille in China as Braille in Peru?
If so, we can sum up with a separate keyboard mold for use
everywhere--economies of scale.

Any pointers/feedback about it will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Manu

Manusheel Gupta
One Laptop Per Child Inc.