[Wikireader] Kiwix 0.9 beta3 is out!

Emmanuel Engelhart emmanuel at engelhart.org
Wed Oct 5 09:50:59 EDT 2011

Hi

Almost two months after the beta2, we finally released the 0.9 beta3.

This version fixes many bugs and improves the overall usability ; we
especially fixed two critical bugs impacting Windows, finished the file
association (special icons for ZIM files) on Linux and Windows.
Noticeable is also the new 50 UI supported languages thank to the big
work done by the Translatewiki community of translators.

You may find the detailed CHANGELOG here:
http://changelog.kiwix.org

At the same time, thank to the financial project of Wikimedia CH:
* A first version for Sugar (used by OLPC XO) was prepared. We still
need feedback to detect and fix last issues:
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4483
* A static version of Kiwix for GNU/Linux x86_32. We also need your
feedbacks here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kiwix/files/kiwix-0.9-beta3-linux.tar.bz2/download