[Wikireader] IRC meeting on planning English Wikipedia Version 0.8 release

Martin A. Walker walkerma at potsdam.edu
Mon Jul 26 13:28:05 EDT 2010

There will be a meeting on Thursday, July 26, at 1500h UTC (11am US
Eastern Daylight Time), on the #wikipedia-1.0 channel.  We have already
had a technical meeting on removing vandalism; this meeting is more
general, on ways to publish and distribute this selection of around 45,000
articles.  We expect the selection will be ready by October.

This selection is not specifically designed for schools - but it should be
very possible to adapt it for this purpose.

If you're interested in this release, please join us on Thursday.

Martin
(User Walkerma, English Wikipedia 1.0 Team)

Martin A. Walker
Department of Chemistry
SUNY College at Potsdam
Potsdam, NY 13676 USA