[Wikireader] Invitation to the 2nd openZIM Developers Meeting - register now!

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Tue Sep 1 10:40:54 EDT 2009

Dear developers, publishers and users,

we have fixed the time for our second developers meeting of the openZIM
project, a meeting for all users, developers and publishers of software or
works using the ZIM file format.

== Time ==
It will take place over the weekend from November 20th to 22nd 2009.
We will start on Friday evening and shutdown at Sunday afternoon.

== Topics ==
=== Technical topics: ===
* fixing fulltext search (should we stick with the current system? should we
add different search engines?)
* category handling
* additional ZIM headers (a proposal for adding additional headers to the
format to be able to store all HTML meta data has been made)
* portability of libzim (efforts have been made to port libzim to Windows,
Linux on ARM...)

=== Wikimedia related topics: ===
* requirements for Wikimedia ZIM creation
* MediaWiki interfaces
* other reader applications on different platforms

=== Communication ===
* future exhibitions
* marketing

== Location ==
The meeting will take place in south-western Germany, near Basel.

The openZIM team tries to cover all costs for accommodation and catering
during the meeting. To achieve this we have to know very early how many
people will arrive, so we can choose the best location possible.
We plan to book an appartment with Internet access and kitchen, so we can work
and sleep at the same place and cater ourselves.

== Details and Registration ==
Please register (and add your comments) at
http://openzim.org/Developer_Meetings/2009-2

There you will find also details how to reach the place etc.

REGISTRATION CLOSES AT SEPTEMBER 31st!

Kind regards,

Manuel
--