[Wikireader] Fw: Reducir tamaño Wikipedia en XS

Fabien Coulon fabien.coulon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 11:28:11 EST 2009

2009/2/5 Samuel Klein <sj at laptop.org>

> Fabien,
>
> It would be useful to see an Okawix of the Peruvian selection, as you
> suggest, for a size/speed/interface comparison.

Hello Samuel,

Ok. But the zeno with all articles from wikipedia 'es' takes about 1GB, just
for texts. Does the Peruvian selection consist of all articles once removed
those in http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/eswiki/blacklist3<http://dev.laptop.org/%7Ecjb/eswiki/blacklist3>?

>> Another interesting feature is that Okawix can be run either embeded on
an external
>> device (cd, usb key) or installed on one's system, with the ability to
move a corpus
>> from embeded to the local Okawix.

Can you say more about this?  I'm not quite sure how it would work.

Practically, one can create a usb key (or something else) that contains the
software and some data, so that the okawix on the usb key works on any
computer without installation process. (Although for linux this suppose the
key is mounted with the execution rights)
One can also install Okawix on its computer. Then the local Okawix manages a
set of "books" or corpus installed, and the user can switch between them.
Corpus can be added and removed to the local library. Adding a corpus
typically consists in downloading it from the internet ... or asking to a
usb-key embeded okawix to transfer itself to the local library of the
computer.

Regards,
  Fabien Coulon
  Linterweb