[Wikireader] Fw: Reducir tamaño Wikipedia en XS

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Mon Feb 9 15:08:59 EST 2009

Also, how do you handle cross-namespace linking across books?
Wikibooks link regularly to wikipedia.  Sometimes they link to one
another.  Rarely they link to wikiversity or wikisource materials.  If
you imagine including a whole constellation of such works in a set, it
would be good to
 * have a default way to indicate book-namespace that is universal
 * have a sequence of fallbacks for where to direct cross-namespace
links: if the book is local, if it is on a visible
usb-key/server/schoolserver, if it is on the internet and you are
connected to the net.
 * have another color to indicate cross-namespace links...

Aside : I've been discussing some of these interfaces ideas also with
Opera's Håkon Lie, who is trying out various ways to make print-ready
subsets of Wikipedia.
  http://www.princexml.com/howcome/2009/wikipedia/core/12.html

SJ