[Wikireader] Because I'm to impatient to wait to see SJ at home...

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Jul 13 01:00:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > If you wish you could be here but want people to talk about /your/
   > latest work anyway, please send me a one-paragraph description of
   > where your work is at and how mediawiki devs could help.

Yes, that.  I think our solution has promise:  we have mwlib (which has
become extremely featureful) hooked up to a local python web server,
serving out of a compressed archive, with link detection that colors
links based on whether they're in the local snapshot, and support for a
local image set.  It would be great to find out if others are interested
in helping to turn this from an XO-specific tool into a standard
cross-platform wikislice web server.

Have fun,

- Chris.
--