[University-chapters] Introductions!

Nicole Lee nicole.lee at students.olin.edu
Thu Aug 14 00:56:31 EDT 2008

to follow up on that [although i believe most/all of you know me
already...], i'm nikki, head of the olin college OLPC chapter. i started
this list to get chapters in communication with one another, so that we can
share tips, collaborate on projects, and keep one another inspired.

so, olin's plans for the coming school year:
* we are going to be collaborating with a potential pilot school in
Cambridge, MA
* there is a 1 credit [3 hr/week; a "normal" class is 4 credits] independent
study course on XO peripheral development slated for the fall
* we have a number of students looking into Activity development and are
trying to once again get Activity dev incorporated in the Software Design
[required ECE course; at least 1/3 of olin's students take it at some point]
final project curriculum
* we are looking to organize a jam for the spring [hopefully in
collaboration with other boston/cambridge area chapters]
* and of course, keeping in touch with 1CC and keeping the student body up
to date on OLPC's happenings

-nikki