[Toronto-dev] School Server Summit/Sprint Oct 10-13 in Toronto!

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Jun 18 14:08:20 EDT 2015

Mark your calendars if you care about school servers and offline digital
libraries of any kind!  The Community Edition of OLPC's XS school server
(XSCE) has made tremendous advances over the past year, as more countries
(Ghana, Rwanda, Fiji etc) now have emerging deployments, while the work in
Haiti is expanding.

But why stop with http://Internet-in-a-Box.org when we can shortly put the
Internet-in-a-Phone and similar!  Many more details to be announced here in
coming weeks, as we broaden our XSCE work with the growing OpenStreetMap
community worldwide:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Community_Edition/6.0/Sprint

This Toronto event will primarily be a hack/design/architectural sprint,
but govt/education/implementation folks who drive who drive our
requirements (at every level) are Most Welcome!  Whether or not OLPC Canada
can co-host this with us remains a dream at this point, but they are
headquartered right there in Toronto, Canada and we're optimistic; we shall
see =)

*Hope to see many of you Oct 10-13 Celebrating Canajun Thanksgiving
together, and the continuing legacy of the OLPC/Sugar volunteering
movement, Mark your Calendars & RSVP!*

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org