[Toronto-dev] DEMO: School Server Community Edition v0.3 Alpha (Sun May 12)

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Apr 26 00:12:33 EDT 2013

Plz all join our public demo of the ALPHA release of the new XS
Community Edition version 0.3, on Sunday afternoon May 12, at 3PM!

You're invited during the "closing ceremonies" of our 4th intl community
sprint, 1hr W of Toronto, with directions to follow for those who RSVP.

Thanks for coming to see how far we've progressed in only 8 months, now
working with the LA-based http://internet-in-a-box.org whose
founder/creator (Braddock Gaskill) joins in person, all the way from
LA/CalTech, to show off his stunning work & answer your questions!
PREVIEW: Later we'll be announcing partial support for Raspberry Pi and
other XOs/platforms as well -- do join us in person for upcoming roadmap
details & further international deployment plans we're engaging on all 5
continents.

Significant details in coming weeks @ http://schoolserver.org -- but
most important thanks for coming to meet the team & kick the tires!

/BBQ & healthy snacks provided, but you're asked to BYOB to celebrate
this critical milestone, coordinated by volunteers worldwide and backed
by http://activitycentral.com/

Techie Bonus if You Attend: log in remotely to an XS Community Edition
server currently operating live in a Haiti orphanage, to see how early
users are stepping up, and what kids are using it for in these early
day, as blogged @ http://haitiDreams.org

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !