[Toronto-dev] OLPC ON FIRE :) 6PM Mon @ Aberfoyle Inn on 401, 30km W of Mississauga/407

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun May 6 23:30:36 EDT 2012

As our guest speakers Laura de Reynal & Mark Battley powerfully
communicated earlier today, OLPC's strongest small deployments are
coming together, 5 years into the OLPC experiment.

Seeding communities with much stronger volunteer coordination, far
livelier+tighter curricular arcs/videos (eg. http://learnOSM.org
http://EPHAS.org etc!), with quality curated libraries (eg. on
http://schoolserver.wordpress.com, eg. using far more than Khan Academy
& TEDx vids, eg. far less dusty ebooks).  All behind genuine gloCal
outreach muscle, powered by the kids themselves?  Driven by crowdsourced
social gamification more addicting even than your neighborhood lotto?

But who will now light a fire under community models like Madagascar's,
Australia's and Kenya's -- so this priceless wisdom is not lost to our
world?  What http://twitter.com/iHub 's do we need so We Too go MAD =
M.ake A. D.iff?

Towards our eternal goal of giving backbone (structure!) to unstructured
learning / blended learning / flipped learning.......how SHOULD our
"Alearning Islands" of grassroots edutech innovation now reinvest for
the COMING 5 years?  And who WILL write the book??

Please RSVP (currently our reservation is for 6) & see you Monday night
6PM, with answers !

80 Brock Road South
     Puslinch, ON  N1H 6H9

     One Mile North of 401