[Toronto-dev] Anyone experiencing problems with xo-get?

Geoffrey Watson GWatson at cmrra.ca
Wed Feb 6 14:23:02 EST 2008

Hello! I'm a Toronto XO user who wants to get more involved with the local
community. I have been experiencing a couple of issues over the past month
and i believe the smaller issues all stem from my problems with xo-get.

 I have reinstalled a couple times with different versions and experience
the exact same errors when i run (either as user or root). I've tried on
various networks, network configurations, on both wireless networks, and
via a usb ethernet adapter.

-bash-3.2#./xo.get.py command

or

-bash-3.2#./xo-get.py command bundle

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on
org.laptop.ActivityRegistry:/org/laptop/ActivityRegistry:
dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process
/usr/bin/sugar-shell-service exited with status 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./xo-get.py", line 763, in <module>
xoget = XOGet()
File "./xo-get.py", line 154, in __init__
self.get_activity_registry()
File "./xo-get.py", line 204, in get_activity_registry
a_arr = activity.get_registry().get_activities()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sugar/activity/registry.py", line
84, in get_activities
info_list = self._registry.GetActivities()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 64, in
__call__
return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 136, in
__call__
**keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in
call_blocking
message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process
/usr/bin/sugar-shell-service exited with status 1

Anybody with any suggestions, no matter how small, would be truely
appreciated. I stumbled upon only 1 bug report
(http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6226). However, this states a version
specific issue. I've gotten the same issue on 653, 656, and now on
joyride.

Geoffrey Watson
Online Licensing Administrator
CMRRA Ltd.