[Toronto-dev] OLPC developer

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Thu May 17 14:06:00 EDT 2007

Wai Ming Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I wonder how to get involved in Toronto-area OLPC developers.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Wai Ming

Hi Wai Ming,

I'm hoping to hold a general get-together-and-answer-questions type
introduction over the next week, probably at Linux Caffe.  We'll also
try to get some sort of session put together to do some coding, though I
want to make sure that we have a well-defined goal for that coding.  The
docstring sprint was reasonably successful, but I'd like to try
something more along the lines of producing networked, GUI-fied example
code that can help other developer's groups get started.

It seems possible that we'll get around 250 junior developers from the
University of Toronto each term, so we'll need documentation and sample
code by the boatload for them.  Of course, real-world code would be
useful too...

Have fun all,
Mike