[Testing] Testing Summary: 3 March 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Sat Mar 3 09:01:12 EST 2012

hi tabitha -

tabitha wrote:

 > os29’s wake on lan seems to be working well, but prevents the laptops from
 > suspending for very long. Two laptops on an adhoc network do go to sleep
 > but wake up frequently, 5 laptops on infrastructure wifi with internet
 > access don’t really go to sleep at all. Looking in the power log is

are these symptoms markedly different than on your 1.5 machines?  i know jerry
vonau has been trying to improve the situation on 1.5 (and i assume his recent
changes are in the aus build you were testing), so it would be useful to know
if the models are working differently, and also if they're different than 1.5
running an 11.3.0 build.

 > difficult because it seems to be written only occasionally? It also doesn’t
 > clearly explain that a wakeup is due to lan. Power logs are attached but we

yes, wlan wakeups on 1.75 currently fall into the "everything else" category, so
aren't easily distinguishable.  but i think it's pretty safe to assume that all
of the "unknown" entries in your logs are wlan.

 > didn’t take care to record what was happening when. Would such a test be
 > useful? My power log collector does not work on XO-1.75 :(

what causes it not to work?  we'll definitely want to fix that.  as for keeping
better track of what was happening when -- i think your general appraisal, above,
is good for now.

thanks, as always, for all the testing!

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org