[Testing] Testing Summary, Auckland 28 July 2012

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Mon Jul 30 07:15:11 EDT 2012

Testing Summary, Auckland 28 July 2012
Who: John, Tom

Testing 12.1.0 build 18 and 11.3.2 on XO-1.75

12.1.0 build 18:

Distance does not work at all on XO-1.75. This activity should be
removed if it cannot be fixed, see https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11596

Browse still cannot create docs in google docs or open links in a new tab.

Browse still hangs when using zimbra. I logged in to my zimbra server
and it hung before I even moved the mouse after the inbox appeared. This
time shape of the mouse did not respond to being moved over different
elements in the hung display and browse did not consume any cpu. Browse
also did not stop when "stop" was selected from the frame menu. Raised
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3775 with gdb backtrace session attached.

Browse sometimes crashes on startup. If this happens, it seems browse
will always crash on startup, requiring a reboot before it will work
again. Raised http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3776 with gdb backtrace.
We saw this last week on two different laptops.

Write works, including formatting, tables and saving and loading various
formats. We spent some time discussing whether the formatting of tables
was sensible -- inserting a table into an area of coloured text results
in a table who’s cells have default formatting. We decided that this was
different but not bad.

11.3.2 build 886:
Wikipedia works
Browse works on the internet wikipedia
TamTamMini works
Write works

Had the network stop working, there are lots of errors in the kernel log
(attached). ifconfig and sudo less /var/log/messages both hung. After
these hung I was able to obtain the kernel log with dmesg and store to a
file. usb sticks also work as does the neighbourhood view (it thinks the
network is already connected). The neighbourhood view is unable to
change the network state.