[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] Testing Summary: 7 January 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat Jan 7 05:42:28 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-07 at 20:01 +1300, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> Testing Summary: 7 January 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

> It's not clear what has changed between os21 and os23.

Another observation -- on os21, distance measures very badly on XO-1.75,
it thinks two XOs half a metre apart are 40-50m apart. We forgot to test
on os23.

> os23 on XO-1.75 C1 (Kid with grid keyboard and sentelic touchpad)

Reflashing Kid erased the touchpad fix I installed from
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11171 and several times I noticed
significant touchpad disturbances. I used Kid over the holidays in
preference to the other XOs to give the fix in 11171 more finger time
and found the touchpad to be very usable. I'm running the fix once in
rc.local rather than on resume with powerd.

I guess a future release will contain a fix.