[Testing] Testing Summary - 13 August 2011, Auckland NZ

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:09:52 EDT 2011

On 28 Sep 2011, at 13:09, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> On 09/28/2011 01:37 PM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

>>> Does this change create a new activity instance? When clicking on the 'new
>>> game button' a new instance is created in the Journal. What exactly does the
>>> button do, clear the game, or create another duplicate like the previous
>>> keep button?
>>>

>> Create a new empty instance.
>
> Hmm, that is like bringing the keep button functionality back then. I don't like that at all.

Yes, I feel the same here.

The wider workflow design issue needing resolved for the 'new empty instance' use case needs to be fixed at the Sugar UI level, so all activities benefit (AKA. start new vs. resume).

> I meant it more as a 'clear all the tiles' functionality, which we have with the 'clear' button already. I guess the confusing part is that people think they would delete the example game that way.
>
> Maybe the alert is the confusing part and it should only be displayed for clearing a custom game? Not when you clear an example? Has the downside that we are not consistent though...

Yes, the warning alerts should really only be about preventing loss of modified work, it should not display if the game is one of the (unedited) demos, or already cleared.

--Gary