[Testing] 11.3.0 release candidate 3 (build 882) released

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Oct 22 01:32:26 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:21:20PM -0700, rihoward1 at gmail.com wrote:
> If I download the file from http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/q2e48/q2e48.rom
> and on an unlocked XO1 use the OFW command
> flash u:\q2e48.rom
>
> I get :
>
> Reading u:\q2e48.rom
> Image file is the wrong length
> ok

I've checked, and I don't get that.

> By the way the file size is 1,048,576 bytes

Thanks.  That's the right size.

Please check the md5sum of the file as read by OpenFirmware from your
USB drive.  This will help me to isolate the cause to either
OpenFirmware, the XO-1, or your USB drive.  To make this check, please
create a text file md5sum.fth on the USB drive containing these lines:

-- cut here --

: md5sum "  " safe-parse-word 2dup $read-file abort" Read error" 2dup
  $md5digest1 2swap free-mem push-hex bounds
  ?do i c@ <# u# u# u#> type loop pop-base ."  " 2swap type type ;

md5sum u:\q2e48.rom

-- cut here --

Then insert the USB drive, get to the ok prompt, and type

	fl u:\md5sum.fth

Then tell me what is displayed.

Please also tell me what version of OpenFirmware is on the XO-1 at the
moment.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/