[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] Testing Summary: 15 October 2011 - Auckland, New Zealand

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Oct 16 16:22:58 EDT 2011

Hi Tom and others,

Thanks for the great testing once again!

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:
> Physics on XO-1.75 has a grey block at the bottom of the screen which
> doesn't seem to serve any purpose, The mouse pointer is not visible
> inside this block.

If it wasn't there, items that reached that point of the screen would
fall off the screen.

> When you hover over an activity in the ring, it gives you a description
> at least twice. For browse this seems to be the title of the webpage
> that was displayed when you quit. In the first copy of this, >
> characters are displayed as > while in the second copy (why are there
> two copies?) it is correctly displayed as a >

Can't quite grasp what you mean here. Could you take a screenshot?

Thanks, filed as  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11344

> Paint has scroll bars on XO-1 just like it does on XO-1.75 (reported
> last week, but we didn't check on XO-1 then).

Filed as
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3197

> I noticed a number of graphics glitches on the XO-1.75, it seems like
> sprites are either being corrupted while in off-screen buffers or they
> are being blitted in from the wrong place. Usually icons turn into
> blocks of uniform colour, but occasionally you see recognisable bits of
> applications. I didn't attempt to find a reliable steps to reproduce,
> but you see quite a lot during a few hour testing session. I don't see
> these corruptions on XO-1.

We do have some known issues in this area. Per your earlier report I
seem to be seeing them at higher frequency as well - I think things
get worse after rotating the screen.

Thanks for the informative report!
Daniel