[Testing] [olpc-nz] Testing Summary: Auckland NZ - 19 March 2011

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Wed Mar 23 07:25:12 EDT 2011

Thanks for the feedback!

On 21 March 2011 18:24, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Testing Summary: Auckland NZ - 19 March 2011
>
> Testing au-861-2 on XO-1.0s
> First problem is that this is the same version number as what we tested last
> weekend but this was just released on Wednesday. Can all releases have their
> own version numbers please to differentiate them?
> Both http://download.laptop.org.au/XO/F11/10.1.3/XO-1/au2-rc2/ which we
> might have tested last week and
> http://download.laptop.org.au/XO/F11/10.1.3/XO-1/au2-rc3/ which we probably
> tested this week have the same au861-2.img filename. We suspect that you
> can't tell which you have once it is loaded on the XO but haven't
> reinstalled an old one to compare.

Agreed. We've been trying to stay in sync with OLPC's numbering, but I
think that's proven to more of a hindrance than help. We'll start
incrementing our build numbers in the future.

> Read the release notes but didn't know how to test what the release notes
> discussed:
> http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au/wiki/1013-au2_release_notes  It's
> also difficult to tell what has changed because there isn't enough detail
> (eg activities have been updated, but no information on which ones) and they
> don't seem to distinguish the releases either.

Again agreed. The notes are a work in progress. The build you tested
will become the final 10.1.3-au2 release, but I need to update that
documentation.

> Browse
> Could access websites by typing in the URL. Could follow links within
> webpages. Can play flash videos. Could access sugarlabs activities page and
> download and install activities.

Do you have a default set of sites that you use for testing Browse?
For example, I've found that it crashes on Google Maps:
http://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/511

> USB test (for Sridhar)
> Tested putting audio files onto a USB from one XO and then putting them onto
> another XO from the USB. Mounted and unmounted on both XOs successfully.
> File was readable. All seemed to work fine.

Thanks for that. We've made a change to the USB mounting behaviour to
facilitate a function in the XO-AU USB (more on that to come).

Sridhar