[Testing] 11.2.0 successful XO-1 olpc-update, keyboard woes

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jun 30 10:26:29 EDT 2011

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

On 30 June 2011 12:32, S Page <skierpage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ctrl+Alt+Neighborhood to switch to console doesn't work, nor do other
> Ctrl+Alt+Fn combinations.

Strange. Ctrl+Alt+F2 and F3 should take you to terminals, and F1 back
to sugar. Can you reproduce this?

> Also, pressing left and right mouse buttons simultaneously used to
> paste the primary selection in Terminal, I think because this
> simulates a middle-click and that's been the middle mouse button
> behavior in UNIX. Not any more.

Did this definitely work in 10.1.3?
Sounds like an unintentional change if that is the case.

> The Frame gained a new touchpad icon that seems to disable the
> touchpad, I couldn't see any documentation for this in release notes
> or Sugar release notes or the Help activity. Unlike everything else in
> the frame it has no context menu on hover.

Thanks, I will put this in the release notes.

It turns it into resistive mode, which means you need a stylus-like
object to move the mouse around.

Daniel