[Testing] Auckland Testing June 11 - 2011

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 11 06:28:36 EDT 2011

On 11 Jun 2011, at 10:43, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:

> On 11 June 2011 04:41, Fabiana Kubke <mf.kubke at gmail.com> wrote:
>> General issue:
>> There was a strange behaviour with the frame, could not find a consistent
>> cause. Sometimes the frame would come up and there was no way of getting out
>> of it (either moving the cursor or through the frame key). On a couple of
>> occasions the xo's also shut themselves down for not apparent reason - we
>> could not reproduce this either.
>
> The frame issue is something we know about. After dragging and
> dropping within a certain context, the frame and the zoom keys (and
> others, possibly) will stop working. We'll hopefully have this fixed
> this weekend.
>
> The XO shutdown issue is something new - can you explain a bit more?
> When the XOs were shutting down, did you see the "warning screen" with
> those safety icons? Or was it a more sudden loss of power? Had these
> XOs been left idle beforehand or were they being actively used?

Not sure I'm adding much, but I think I hit something very like this shutdown case a week or so back. It was with an XO1 running os19 or os20. The laptop was unplugged from mains power and I had been using it off and on for about an hour (letting it idle suspend between uses). Was typing away in Terminal when it suddenly shut down mid key press. It showed the usual "warning screen" on shutdown. My immediate thought was that the XO wasn't plugged in and must have hit a low voltage case, plugged it back in and powered it up only to see a 2/3 full battery. My next thought was that I might have fat fingered some undocumented shutdown keyboard shortcut combo, but I couldn't remember by that time quite what keys I had been pressing.

I'll give it another go and try to reproduce the shutdown.

--Gary