[Testing] Testing Summary - Auckland 4 June

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Jun 5 06:16:47 EDT 2011

On 5 June 2011 10:37, Fabiana Kubke <mf.kubke at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do still have the file (on my usb) - Downloaded
>  from http://build.laptop.org/11.2.0/os21/xo-1.5/  (that was the last
> version available when I went in on Friday  - by Saturday am a new version
> had been added)
> the command on xo1.5 was fs-update u:\os21.zd2. The progress screen showed
> that not all squares were turning green, and eventually stopped saying that
> not all blocks had been copied.

It is normal that not all the blocks go green, this is due to:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/11.2.0#Faster_installation_for_XO-1.5
I will add some more explanation here now.

Do you know what firmware version is running on the XO that you tried?
If you boot the XO and press "Esc" to go to the ok prompt you will see
it printed on the second line on the screen e.g.

   OpenFirmware Q3B07 EC Firmware Ver:2.2.2

In this case I am running firmware version Q3B07.

We know that some old firmware versions will produce a "not all blocks
copied" error message. However, this error is actually false. You can
ignore it and the system should just work anyway. It will also go away
in the final release. I will add a note here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/11.2.0#Known_issues_in_development.2Ftesting_releases

Could you perhaps flash it once more, ignore the error message, power
off after flashing, then turn it on again and see if it boots?

> We didn't look much further, since we then saw that os21 had a series of
> bugs reported and that a os22 had been made already available. Unfortunately
> we didn't have enough bandwidth to download that on site.
> Is it worth exploring os21 any further? I was planning on downloading os22
> on Tuesday once I got to a good internet connection at work.

Correct, it's not worth doing any deep testing on build 21. But it
would be nice to confirm that the issue you're seeing here is either a
non-issue, or that its a corrupt download, as opposed to a real bug.

Thanks,
Daniel