[Testing] 11.2.0 release candidate 4 (build 873) released

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:11:43 EDT 2011

(Only cc'ing testing)

I was never able to olpc-update my XO-1 from 870 to 872, and now `sudo
olpc-update -v candidate-873` fails for me as well.

 Trying irsync_pristine update from
rsync://updates.laptop.org/build-candidate-873
  - Fetching contents.
  - Performing incremental rsync.
 rsync: getaddrinfo: updates.laptop.org 873: Name or service not known
 rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.8]
 rsync: getaddrinfo: updates.laptop.org 873: Name or service not known
(retries other approaches, they fail as well).

It sounds like a network failure.  Before I start I ping
updates.laptop.org to make sure it's accessible ("64 bytes from
updates.laptop.org (18.85.44.58)". Sometimes in previous attempts,
after the unsuccessfull olpc-update the ping fails, but this last time
it still works.

But looking at the error, why is the build number out of
"candidate-873" being reported in the rsync getaddrinfo failure:
  getaddrinfo: updates.laptop.org 873
Maybe some parameter is being passed incorrectly.

Has anyone successfully olpc-update'd an XO-1 recently?

--
=S Page