[Testing] [olpc-nz] diagnosing ad-hoc network activity sharing problems

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:01:09 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:
> However, it sounds to me like the reported issues are due to power saving being enabled on that XO 1.5

On XO-1.5, power saving is on, and has been on for at least 10.1.2 and
10.1.3 . However, ad-hoc was _broken_ (due to issues with power
saving, as you say) on 10.1.2.

On 10.1.3, adhoc + powersaving works (as far as our testing has gone
-- more tests and reports please :-) ).

I _think_ James forked off this thread from a 'dextrose' testing
thread, and I don't know if that dextrose is based on 10.1.3, and how
it fares re adhoc networking.

On XO-1, all the 10.1.x series has power saving off. There are various
bugs, but IIRC the blocker is that the wlan driver gets confused with
the repeated S/R cycles and wlan disappears. Probably a race condition
or otherwise timing related.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions