[Testing] personal - new Install - "Boot Failed" - please advise -- We have about five others once we get one to work

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 17 18:22:05 EST 2011

G'day Bob,

Your laptop is behaving as if no operating system is present.  What
operating system version did you install?  Did the install complete
without error?

Some diagnosis is hindered because the laptop is secured, or locked,
as in it has not had security disabled after a developer key was
installed.

Your laptop mentions boot-alt, indicating that it might be in alternate
boot mode.  This setting is sticky; it is saved by the firmware each
time, and so it may have been left over from a previous install.  To
fix, try this once and let me know the outcome:

- turn off the laptop,
- press and hold the 'O' game pad key,
- turn on the laptop,
- wait for the message "Release the game keys to continue",
- release the 'O' game key,
- observe and record what happens.

--
James Cameron