[Testing] [IAEP] I would like feedback on the ''How_to_use_the_IRC_Application'' wiki page

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 12:44:51 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM, <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:

> > The Screenshot utility in Fedora has an 'Effects' option to  'Include
> > pointer'.
> >
> > {...}
>
> Thanks, interesting, could be useful
>
> Which utility is that? I Googled a few possibilities including gimp,
> gnome-panel and printscreen button but none seemed appropriate for OLPC.

Is it included in the Sugar/Gnome OLPC builds?

> If not, how do you install it?
>
> Where is it documented
>
> Can you capture a Sugar session invoking screenshot from Terminal
>
> Tony

I find the Screenshot accessory in the 'Accessories' list in Fedora Desktop.

Sugar in a window can be installed in Fedora Desktop from 'Add/Remove
Software', run a search for 'sugar', and select 'Sugar Desktop Environment'
and 'The emulator for the Sugar Learning Platform'.  Or one can execute the
following at a command line:

# yum install @sugar-desktop sugar-emulator

The with Sugar in a window, launch the Screenshot accessory, select 'Grab
the current window', 'Grab after a delay of a few seconds', Including the
pointer actually reveals the GNOME pointer over the Sugar pointer, so
leaving that (and the window border) options off produced the following
screenshot:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Home_ListView_button.png

       --Fred