[Testing] Persistant SoaS on Mac Persists!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 11 17:53:33 EST 2011

Hi Tom and All,

After puzzling over the instructions for a while, I decided to just put the SoaS for Mac that Tom sent in, and try to boot from it.  It works!

I am running it on my 3+year old MacBook with the old os10.5.8 (Leopard) in its most up to date version. You are right about it not running on a Power PC (just had to try... that is how we found out that eToys to go does work on it).  The Power PC didn't even recognize it.

Here are a few notes from the exploring I did:

*Persistent storage worked fine!

*Record worked fine for voice recordings. Would have liked a shorter time as an option.  I assume there are no photos or videos possible at this time?

*Memorize seems to be working and is persistent over several removals and restarts with no problems.

*Difficult to get the "frame" to appear. Takes repeated swipes into the upper RH corner to get it to work.

*Clock Activity flashed an image for a fraction of a second, but could not get it to work.

*Totally unable to connect to the internet.  I see the 3 ad hoc networks but my router doesn't show up at all. No problem connecting under the Mac os or on my iPod so it has to be a problem with SoaS.  Would an ethernet cable to my modem/router solve this? I also removed my password so connection would be easier. I trust my neighbors?

If I were able to connect under SoaS, could I download other Activities to add them to the SoaS stick?  I would really like to include the Labyrinth Activity which is so popular in Latin America and I think would be a "winner" anywhere!

I haven't been able to get the PC SoaS version working yet because of problems with my eeePC. It hasn't worked right since I removed MS Office earlier this year.  I will call Asus tomorrow and see if I can get it working again.

I'll be exploring more in the next few days and report on anything else I find.

Caryl