[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] Testing Summary: 3 December 2011 - Auckland, New Zealand

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 5 05:32:21 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:13:41PM +1300, Tom Parker wrote:
> Tabitha initially wrote the report saying essentially that all the
> clocks were broken. Then I modified the report after resetting the
> clocks. We're absolutely sure the clocks were wrong on Saturday but I
> don't know if they were wrong when they arrived on Friday. I reflashed
> them on Friday and we did the firmware update on Saturday. We'll try to
> reproduce the time loss.

Interesting.

If nothing else works, try removing all sources of power for two or
three days to simulate what happened on the trip from Boston to New
Zealand.  Possibility of defective clock battery, very low probability.

If you have a spare aircraft or mountain perhaps altitude cosmic rays
had an effect ... extreme low probability.

And take it through parcel security xray machines?  ;-}

It is late, I should stop.

> I can probably do this -- I have +4 glasses, a fine tipped iron and
> experience with surface mount. How small are the pads?

I did something like this on an A3 ... moving the resistors from one set
of pads to the other ... or rather accidentally flicking the resistors
away with two soldering irons, trying to find where they landed, and
then using wire wrap wire to short the pads instead of using the
resistors.  The pads are very small.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/