[Testing] [support-gang] 12-Year-Old XOs (even 18-yesr-olds)

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:43:28 EDT 2011

Thanks James, Tabitha, and all...
I already sent the instructions using the Open Firmware instructions.  I rewrote it so it is very easy to follow and suggested they may even want to have some of their middle school students help with this.
I had originally figured that Terminal would be the way to go, but forgot about having to go to root to do it.  No matter, they will still be using Terminal to check the date after changing, shutting down and restarting.
So... the RTC battery probably went dead? Will charging the machines for several hours also recharge it?  I had them on charge overnight the other day so maybe that took care of if.
I will play with the Terminal method and see if I can simplify those instructions too.  Is there a place on the wiki where I should post these "teacher-eze" versions of the instructions?  Sort of a Grannie's guide to resetting the clock.
Caryl