[Testing] [OLPC-AU] Free From Malaria release 4

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Aug 5 08:56:03 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:07 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> #11053 resolution has changed.
>
> For your activity to be compatible with 11.2.0, you will need to include
> Glade support in your activity or avoid Glade.
>
> For your activity to be compatible with 8.2.1, 10.1.x, and 11.3.0,
> nothing further is needed, Glade support is included.

And, in the medium/long-term you will want to drop glade and switch to
GtkBuilder. glade is deprecated, and when Sugar moves to GTK3, you
won't be able to use it. I believe the transition is quite simple.

You could even switch to GtkBuilder before we move go GTK3, using
pygtk's GTK2 API for it:
http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtkbuilder.html
This is another way you could get your activity running on 11.2.0.

Daniel