[Testing] Testing Summary: Auckland - 21 August 2010

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Sep 17 13:10:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

   > Not fully. "grep -i sex bot/" from the root of the source, and
   > you'll see there are a bunch of things that haven't been
   > removed.

I see hooks to answer user questions about sex, but the answers
themselves seem inoffensive and you have to type in a question about
sex to see them.  Did you find an answer that was inappropriate?

   > (Grepping for other potentially inappropriate words turned up
   > more things)

If you find answers (not questions) that are inappropriate, please
drop me a mail with them.

   > More work may be needed. Perhaps there are some universal,
   > culture-neutral, school-appropriate databases which we won't
   > have to scrutinize so carefully which might be a better choice?

Remember that we're shipping a not-particularly-censored copy of
Wikipedia with the laptops.  If you find something that is clearly
unacceptable (as was the bot's claimed adherence to one religion)
then we should remove it, but we aren't trying to remove anything
that could offend someone just for the sake of doing so.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>