[Testing] Dextrose Install Snags

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Sun Sep 12 23:21:20 EDT 2010

On 9/12/2010 5:09 PM, Caryl Bigenho wrote:

> Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:41:34 -1000
> From: wmb at laptop.org
> To: cbigenho at hotmail.com
> CC: testing at lists.laptop.org; iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org; support-gang at laptop.org
> Subject: Re: [Testing] Dextrose Install Snags
>

> On 9/12/2010 4:12 PM, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
>
>     Hi...
>

>     I was trying to install Dextrose on an XO-1.5 today.  I was following the instructions on:
>     http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose
>
>     There was only one file listed to download for the XO-1.5 : os373pyg.zd.  I followed the directions on the page
>     and got an error message that the file was all in "one chunk"
>

> at which step in the directions did the error message appear?
>
> /The message appears after entering "// /|/fs-update u:\os373py.zd  at the "ok" prompt./|

Is the message like "WARNING: The file specified N chunks but wrote only M chunks"?

"The file was all in one chunk" is not a particularly close approximation ...

The warning message shown above typically indicates that the .zd file is truncated, missing parts at the end.

> /
> /
> /||//The machine is unsecured. All of the XO-1s I have have Developer Keys.  Am I correct that a Developer Key is not
> needed for the XO-1.5?/

Whether or not a developer key is needed does not depend on XO-1 vs XO-1.5, but rather how the individual machine is
configured at the factory. XO-1 and  XO-1.5 systems can both have security either enabled or disabled.