[Testing] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 4 September 2010

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Sep 7 01:44:13 EDT 2010

James wrote
> I'm surprised that the low volume is more problematic than low
> resolution, and surprised that it was experienced on an XO-1.

I realize that not much can be done about the low resolution on the XO-1
-- it would take a LOT of work on Record's buffering function to be able
on XO-1 to produce a clip at a higher-quality (though at a lower fps).

But I also am not quite happy with the volume level recorded by the
XO-1.  I added some files taken just now to #10234.  I was speaking
louder than normal - but playback of that audio clip was at a lower
volume level than playback of a commercially recorded video clip.

mikus