[Testing] [support-gang] [IAEP] Announcing the OLPC OS 10.1.2 final release!

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 6 19:47:36 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 10:16:42AM -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:
> I've noticed this when updating fully drained XOs. The power indicator
> blinks when plugged in, ...

Yes, that blink is the internal embedded controller starting up after
having shutdown automatically due to lack of power.  When you see that
blink, that's what it means.  You can also see it every time you plug in
with no battery present.  XO-1.5 only.

> but upon reflashing, when the XO reboots, it won't apply the firmware
> because the battery is too low, and will skip to booting into the new
> OS image.

Yes, the update firmware step checks for adequate battery level.  XO-1
and XO-1.5.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/