[Testing] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 21 November 2010

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Nov 22 08:40:04 EST 2010

Thanks Tabitha for that great summary!

On 11/21/2010 12:00 AM, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 21 November 2010
>

> Test request 10.1.3 on XO-1.5 test os353 customised 0.84.24 (Poppy and Tank)
> Rotate screen works! yeah!

Nice!

> Wireless shuts down if sleep mode entered. Understand this is a problem with
> our prototype XO-1.5s.
> Would really like restart to be put back as an option not just shutdown.

Can you give the rationale behind that request? (there has been the
request before, just wonder what your argument is)

> Tested Record-86. Successfully created video with sound on both XOs.
> Tested WikipediaEN-20. Text size too big.

Looks like the same size than in Browse to me.

> Tested Physics-4. Found could not grab and drag items when you pause time,
> would like to be able to reposition things on the screen. There is a
> Physics-5 that does this, can this build include Physics-5.

Yes, we will include recent Physics.

> Tested Memorize-35. Worked on one laptop. The other it opened Memorize but
> had a dot in the frame and the Memorize icon appeared next to the dot in the
> frame but that Memorize says starting. Tried restarting the laptop and this
> time Memorize opens correctly.

Sounds like #10016.

Tried to test collaboration on adhoc network
> 1 but one XO did not want to show any networks.

Can you provide more details here?

> Tested Write-63.1 - this is the first time we have seen a version number
> with a decimal place.  Found the text is small on the screen but not as bad
> as previous Write versions.

I think you are mixing up Write on F14/Sugar 0.90 - that had the small font.

> Tested Speak-18. Could write and have it speak back. Robot could answer
> questions.

Thanks,
    Simon