[Testing] [IAEP] Urgent: .iso or .vdi in Virtual Box?

Zachary Charles Clifton Zachary.Clifton at Colorado.EDU
Sun Nov 7 11:02:37 EST 2010

I'm not familiar enough with virtualbox to provide a walkthrough. But .iso files are want you want to start with. Then you run the setup in virtualbox and it will create a format specific to virtualbox called .vdi that the program then uses. Simply renaming the files will not work (one can always do trial and error to test that). One would need to go through the setup to get a .vdi file.

Information on iso files
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#guestossupport

information on the setup
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch01.html#gui-createvm

There are a lot more documentation files available online. Getting a non-supported guest operating system running will take a bit of playing around.